Friday, January 9, 2009

As of yesterday, Erin & I have been married for 4 years. We spent last night with Kathie and our friends Kate & Andrew at their apartment in Arlington, where they'd cooked dinner for us. It was a wonderfully low-key anniversary dinner and I think both of us felt a lot better for sitting down together to eat some real food for the first time in a few days. We'd joked weeks ago that this was our last anniversary without a baby-sitter...turns out we were wrong, of course, but as Erin said recently "We left Plan A in the dust a while ago!" Blaise at least has the best babysitters in the world to look out for her while we go unwind just a little.

We've written a lot about Blaise here already, but I want to tell all of you how amazing my wife is too. When we met 9 years ago, there's no way we could have guessed that we'd be here someday, and we had no way to know what being together through such a difficult and frightening experience would be like. Now that we're here, I'm amazed at my good fortune. My wife is the strongest and most loving person I know. The past four years have been filled with love and laughter, both of which have served us well during the past week. I know she'll be embarassed if I write more, so I'll just stop here. Thanks , Erin.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Congratulations to both of you on your anniversary. I could not have asked for a better brother-in-law.